Turn the excitement for Halloween into a chance to build important learning skills. Grab these Halloween printable activities and worksheets!
You can feel the excitement in the air starting in mid-October. Children are already anticipating putting on their costumes and heading out to trick or treat.
Every teacher of young children knows this is a tough time to keep them focused on learning. But with Halloween printable activities, you can use the holiday to keep children focused on important academic skills.
This is a round-up of our best Halloween printable activities and worksheets.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Free Halloween Dot Marker Activity
Dot marker activities are fun, easy, and versatile for Halloween. All you need is a set of dot markers and a Halloween dot marker printable.
Your child simply unscrews the lid from the dot marker and starts dabbing away at the dots on the printable.
While you can certainly just have fun with these markers, you can also seek in a bit of learning. This Halloween printable activity works for children from 18 months to 5th grade!
Here are suggestions for how you can use these free dot marker activities:
- Toddlers: Just allow your toddler to dot and build their hand-eye coordination.
- Preschoolers: Write the alphabet in the dots and have your preschool-age child dot as you say the letter.
- Kindergarten – 1st grade: Write sight words in the dots and have your child read them.
- 2nd – 3rd grade: Put addition or subtraction problems in the dots for your child to solve.
- 4th – 5th grade: This is a fun way to practice multiplication and division facts.
Dot marker activities are a favorite Halloween printable activity for children of all ages.
Want more dot marker activities? Check out Dot Marker Printables.
You’ll learn all about the countless benefits of dot markers and how to use them to help your children learn and grow.
Using Halloween Do-a-Dot Printables
You can grab these free Halloween Do-a-Dot Printables by scrolling down the box. This Halloween printable activity is free for email subscribers – so just enter your email address and name.
You can unsubscribe at any time but you’ll get so many sales and tips you’ll probably want to stick around. It’s only the good stuff because we’re all way too busy for spam!
After you enter your information, go check your email. Open the email and click on the big button. The printable will open in your browser.
Trouble printing? Save the file to your desktop and open it with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
These free Halloween Dot Printables are for your personal home or individual classroom use only. You can share this page with your friends or colleagues, but you are prohibited from posting them online or sharing them widely in any other way.
Halloween Worksheets PDF
If you’re looking for a more academic Halloween printable activity, you’ll love these Halloween worksheets for preschool and kindergarten.
These Halloween worksheets pdf are a super convenient and fun way to engage your young learner this fall. All you need to do is print and go. Your child has fun with engaging Halloween-themed worksheets.
This printable pack has 45 pages of fun and not-so-spooky Halloween worksheets. You can use all the pages and bind them into a Halloween workbook.
Or select the ones that meet the needs of your young learner.
Here’s what’s included in the Halloween Worksheets PDF:
- Cover Coloring Sheet to bind as a workbook (optional to use)
- Capital Letter Identification for all 26 letters (5 pages)
- Lowercase Letter Identification for all 26 letters (5 pages)
- Capital letter tracing & vocabulary for 6 letters (6 pages)
- Lowercase letter tracing & vocabulary for 4 letters (4 pages)
- Lowercase Letter Recognition for Different Fonts (4 pages)
- Same and Different (2 pages)
- Halloween Tracing Lines (4 pages)
- Color by number (2 pages)
- Identifying Shapes (2 pages)
- Subitizing (2 pages)
- Counting quantities (2 pages)
- Tracing numbers and one-to-one correspondence (2 pages)
- Cut and paste – sequencing, emotions, rhyming, and counting (4 pages)
These Halloween Preschool Worksheets have everything you need.
Free Halloween Preschool Printable Activity
This fun Halloween I See is another free Halloween printable activity. It is a predictable Halloween counting story
It develops important preschool (and kindergarten) skills:
- one-to-one correspondence
- emergent reading
- coloring in a small space
(Want to learn more about how children learn to read? Read Teach Your Child to Read)
This free Halloween printable activity is for your personal home or individual classroom use only. It is not to be shared online or distributed in other ways.
Using the Free Halloween Preschool Printable
It’s super easy to use this free Halloween preschool printable:
- Sign up below to receive this by email (it’s a free gift for email subscribers).
- Open the email, save it to your computer, and print it out.
- Cut out the pumpkins for children with emerging scissor skills.
- Allow older children the cutting practice.
- Help your child order the printables from the numbers 1 – 10.
- Staple the booklet at the top near the stem.
- Encourage your child to color the pictures.
- Read the story with your child.
This Halloween printable activity will help your young learner with counting and reading at the same time. It is so easy to engage young learners with festive holiday activities.
Pumpkin Printables for Preschoolers
Some families and schools don’t really celebrate Halloween, so pumpkin printables for preschoolers are a great option. You still get a little seasonal fun without so much emphasis on a holiday that might not be celebrated by your family or school community.
These pumpkin-themed activities include both hands-on learning tasks and more traditional pencil (or crayon!) worksheets.
The Halloween printable activities include in the Pumpkin Printables for Preschoolers are:
- Alphabet Pumpkin Patch Match (see above)
- Pumpkin Scissor Practice
- Jack O’ Lantern Patterns
- Pumpkin Seeds Cut & Paste
- Pumpkin Do-a-Dot Printable
- Q-tip Pumpkin Painting
- Pumpkin Tracing Sheet
- Count the Pumpkin Seeds
- Add Pumpkins to the Patch
- Jack O’Lantern Tracing Lines.
See all the printable activities in this post Preschool Pumpkin Worksheets.
You can purchase it here in the Printable Parents’ Shop.
How Do Pumpkins Grow Printables
Another fun Halloween printable activity is the Pumpkin Life Cycle. Before pumpkins can be carved into jack o’ lanterns, they need to grow.
- Related: Pumpkin Life Cycle
It is so engaging for young learners to learn about life cycles. Their natural curiosity leads to interest and you can easily develop important vocabulary and sequencing skills.
This pumpkin life cycle activity is a fantastic Halloween printable activity. This pack includes:
- 3 pages of a full-color sequencing activity
- 3 pages of sequencing worksheets
- 8-page mini book
- 6 vocabulary cards
- 2 pages of vocabulary worksheets
- 4 pages of writing worksheets for different ages and levels
Supplies for Halloween Printable Activities
You probably already have everything you need to use these Halloween Printable Activities but here’s a quick list:
- dot markers
- dot stickers
- alphabet beads
- glue stick
- washable paint
Recapping Halloween Printable Activities
Here’s the summary for all you busy parents:
- The free Halloween Dot Marker Activity can be used for fun or to seek in a little learning.
- Halloween Worksheets PDF is a purposeful Halloween printable activity for children in preschool or kindergarten.
- Halloween I See is a free printable Halloween Preschool activity that combines reading and counting.
- Pumpkin Preschool Printables are a great alternative for families and schools that cannot celebrate Halloween.
- How a Pumpkin Grows leverages your child’s natural curiosity about life cycles to develop important sequencing skills.
Make sure to snag these Halloween printable activities to engage your young learner in some fun and thematic learning activities.