Grocery shopping can be a real time suck and a giant headache when you have little kids. One of my Truths about Motherhood is that I will accept imperfect help. Amazon Prime Pantry offers the type of imperfect help busy parents need.
I’ve found that ordering my groceries online is an easy and affordable way to regain a little bit of sanity. Usually I do grocery pick up at a local store but this week I tried Amazon Prime Pantry. I’m really pleased with the service and you should give Amazon Prime Pantry a try too!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links; read more here.
What Is Amazon Prime Pantry?
Prime Pantry features low-priced, popular, everyday items in everyday sizes delivered right to to your front porch. Think about getting the products you’d normally pick up at Target sent straight to to your door.
You can learn more about Prime Pantry here. You need to be a Prime member to take advantage of Prime Pantry but you can get a 30-day free trial. If you decide not to continue, you can cancel your membership after your order has arrived.
Prime Pantry Deals for Prime Day 2019
My roots in blogging started with a contributor job to a local coupon blog. Every Sunday, I’d scout out the new deals at my Target store and share them with the readers.
But as our family grew, getting into Target has become harder for me. Deal shopping on Amazon lets me get my coupon fix and keep our grocery budget in check. So OF COURSE, I’m going to share the deals with you!
Amazon has launched offers to get families to try Prime Pantry as part of their Prime Day 2019 promotion.
There are THREE deals that stack to get you a great bargain on your order.
- Amazon is offering a promotion to Get $10 off orders of $40 or more in Prime Pantry by entering code PANTRY at checkout. This is a limited time offer so make sure and get your order in quickly!
- Normally shipping for Prime Pantry is $5.99. BUT right now there is FREE shipping on all Prime Pantry orders over $25.
- Amazon is offering a Buy More, Save More promotion. When you buy select participating products in multiples of 5, you’ll save $5. So if you buy 5 items, you’ll save $5. If you buy 10 participating items, you’ll save $10. I had a hard time finding the eligible products on my phone and it was much easier on my laptop.
Check out the Amazon Prime Pantry Coupon page and clip any eligible coupons you might use. I found a 40% off coupon for Rice Krispies treats that would make a great deal. This particular item wasn’t part of the Buy More, Save More promotion so be aware of that.
When I placed my order, I clipped a Sparkle paper towel and Quaker chewy bar coupon but they look like they are no longer available for my account.
Here’s what you need to do
To get the best deal, follow these steps.
- Fill you cart with $40 of Prime Pantry products. You’ll get free shipping since you’ve spent more than $25.
- Choose products that are eligible for Buy More, Save More. Aim for 10 products in the $3-6 range so you’re total is as close to $40 as possible.
- Clip any coupons that apply to the products you’re buying.
- Enter PANTRY at checkout.
My 2019 Prime Day Deal Scenario
Here’s the deal I did for Prime Day 2019 on Prime Pantry.
This is how I did my deal:
Buy (1) Fritos Scoops! Corn Chips, Party Size, 18 Ounce – $3.98
Buy (1) Rold Gold Tiny Twists Pretzels, 16 Ounce – $2.98
Buy (2) Dixie Everyday Simply White Paper Plates, 8 1/2″, 90 Count @ $4.69 each – $9.39
Buy (2) Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Toilet Paper, 12 Double Rolls @ $6.65 – $13.30
Buy (2) Sparkle Paper Towels, 6 Giant Rolls, Modern White, Pick-A-Size @ $5.78 – $11.56
Buy (2) Quaker Chewy Granola Bars, Chocolate Chip, 18 Bars @ $3.99 – $7.98
Shipping & Handling: $5.99
Total before coupons: $54.85
Buy More, Save More: -$5.00
Buy More, Save More: -$5.00
Prime Day Pantry: -$10.00
Free Shipping: -$5.99
Your Coupon Savings: -$0.80
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.30
Total Before Tax: $26.76
Saving Time and Money with Amazon Prime
Ordering groceries online is a great way to save a few hours of your valuable time. When you stack these promotions, you’ll get a great deal, too!
Share your deal scenario with us in the comments!