You want the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box but you need the straight-forward details. Get a step-by step breakdown here.
As a veteran mom of three, it takes a lot of me to be impressed with baby gear. But when my Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box appeared on my front porch, I was giddy like it was Christmas Day.
Whether this is your first child or your tenth, there will be new items you will need for your little one. If you’re going to purchase them, you might as well get some free goodies.
So check out all the details about the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box. I break it down step by step for all you exhausted and achy expecting mamas.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links; read more here.
What is the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box?
The Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box is a gift you receive when you start your Amazon Baby Registry. Regardless of whether you’re having your first child or your tenth child, you are eligible to receive the box.
You need to be a member of Amazon Prime in order to qualify for the Welcome Box. Amazon Prime is a must-have for postpartum parents. The last thing you’re going to want to do is to load up the baby for a trip to Costco or Buy Buy Baby.
- Not already a Prime Member? You can get a free 30-day trial to Amazon Prime! Besides unlimited FREE two-day shipping with no minimum order amount, you’ll be able to watch thousands of movies and TV episodes instantly and borrow Kindle books. The streaming services and eBooks are the best part of the marathon feeding sessions.
The Welcome Box contains both full-sized and sample-sized products which makes it an incredible gift. However, there are some special steps you need to take in order to receive the Welcome Box so read on to get the full details.
What’s inside the Welcome Box?
While your box will definitely vary from my box, you can expect to get full-size baby products similar to:
- swaddle blanket
There will be sample-size products like:
- body wash
- diaper cream
- baby wipes
How do I get my Welcome Box from Amazon Baby Registry?
First, sign up for your free trial of Amazon Prime.
Then, you need to set up your Amazon Baby Registry right here.
After that, you need to add items to your list from every category to become eligible for the Welcome Box.
It was super confusing to me – but you don’t actually have to add items from each category. If you don’t have a need for the item, then within each category, check the box “Mark as Complete.”
Who is eligible for the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box?
To be eligible for the Welcome Box, you must:
- Have an active Prime account
- Complete each section of the Baby Registry
- Have purchased $10 of products from the registry
- Live in the continental United States – it cannot be shipped to Hawaii or Alaska
Only the primary person on the registry is eligible for the Welcome Box.
You will know you are eligible for the Welcome Box when there is a Claim Now button on the left side of your registry dashboard.
Is the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box free?
Yes and no!
While you don’t have to pay for the Welcome Box, you do have to meet the minimum requirements.
Those minimum requirements are:
- $10 worth of items from your registry have been purchased
- That excludes taxes and shipping
- Gift cards don’t apply to the minimum $10 threshold
If your Amazon Baby Registry is not free, make sure you’re meeting all those requirements first.
Why is my Welcome Box $35?
You’re being charged for the Welcome Box because you haven’t met the requirements listed above yet.
First, make sure you have enough eligible products in your registry. Then either buy $10 worth of products yourself or wait until you’ve received them as a gift.
Once you see on the Amazon Baby Registry the button with “Claim Now,” you’ll know you are eligible to get the box for free.
Advice about the Welcome Box
Supplies are limited so if you’re interested in it, so go ahead and buy something now that you know you’re going to need.
As a veteran mom, I can tell you people love to gift outfits, toys, and all the cute baby gear.
It’s unlikely someone is going to get you a mattress protector for the pack ‘n play. So pop it on your registry now, and buy it.
After it ships, you’ll see the “Claim Now” button appears and you can snag all those goodies in the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box.
Recapping the Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box
For all you pregnant and exhausted mamas, here’s the TL;DR version:
- Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box is a gift you receive when you start your Amazon Baby Registry.
- While contents will vary, it comes with a bunch of full-size products like a onesie and sample-sized products like baby wipes.
- You need to be an active member of Amazon Prime to get the Baby Registry Welcome Box. Get a free trial here.
- Then you need to sign up for an Amazon Baby Registry here.
- Make sure to complete each category on the checklist or check “mark as complete” if you don’t need items from that category.
- After that, purchase $10 or more worth of boring and practical baby items like a mattress protector.
- Once that item has shipped, look for the “Claim Now” button to appear on the registry page.
- Claim it and it will be on your doorstep in 3-5 business days.
Listen, I know your back is aching and you have bad leg cramps. But it really is worth it to get a Welcome Box.
While pregnancy isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, getting the Welcome Box is a super fun part of the journey,
Plus, Amazon Prime is going to save you countless hours of baby prep time when you have a newborn and realize you really needed more burp cloths.