Your free printable is on its way but first…
If you’ve ever told your child, “Just sound it out,” then realized you don’t understand the sounds either…
….then keep scrolling!
Let’s get real for a quick second, my dedicated mom friend. If you opened up to your favorite reading specialist (me) in the DMs, would you tell me….
- You feel helpless when explaining phonics to your child?
- Your child breaks down in tears when it’s time to read?
- You’d rather scrub toilets than help your child spell words?
- Your child guesses instead of sounding out?
- You know your child is behind but you don’t know what to do?
It’s not your fault that your child is struggling to read and spell…
- You were not taught English well enough in school.
- Many teachers don’t understand this either!
- Reading science has evolved over the years.
- Tons of kids are behind from the pandemic, and teachers are overwhelmed.
Which is why you need a tool that will show you the sounds and exactly teach them to your child. So you can have moments like this….
An on-demand training and simple eBook that will teach you:
- the 44 sounds in English
- the most common ways to spell them
- a simple routine to practice reading and spelling the sounds
- a hands-on, no-prep way to practice sounding out words
BONUS #1: Word Mapping Training ($59 value)
This on-demand video training will give you:
- step-by-step examples
- scripts for EXACTLY what to say
- hands-on phonics practice for reading and spelling
- practice cards for over 30 phonics skills
BONUS #2: Printable Games ($25 value)
Over 20 printable games covering 60+ skills:
- connect reading to spelling to make it stick
- contain sequenced practice cards
- make practice time pleasant
- fix b/d reversals
BONUS #3: Private Instagram Page ($45 value)
You get access to our Private Instagram Page for 3 months.
You’ll get all your questions answered on video. Plus you get the chance to learn from other mom’s challenges and concerns.
I also share extra content there as I learn people need it. This allows me to update Sounds School without re-recording tons of videos!
Why 3 months?
The time limit gives you a deadline so you’re more likely to get started today!
English is made up of 44 sounds spelled with combinations of 26 letters.
NO ONE TAUGHT YOU THIS!
Teachers are learning this right alongside you because no one taught us this either.
- Your child needs to hear the sounds.
- Then connect them to letters to read.
- Plus they need to know all the ways to spell those sounds.
- But first you need this knowledge!
Reading is code of letters based on speech.
You need to know the sounds and the letters that can spell them.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Children from preschool to 5th grade
- Parents with a reader who is below grade level
- Parents who are interested in preventing reading problems
- Teachers who want to learn more about the phoneme-grapheme connection.
You can help your child.
But you’re missing foundational knowledge
(like almost all parents).
- Sounds School On-Demand Training
- A simple-to-understand, printable guide to the 44 sounds in English and how to spell them
- Sequenced decodable worksheets to get your child reading fast
- Printable materials to practice the sounds.
- Bonus: Word Mapping Activities for over 30 phonics sounds.
- Bonus: Approximately 30 minute training on Word Mapping.
- Bonus: 3 months in private Instagram
- Bonus: B/D reversals games
- Bonus: Phonics Games
I’m Anne and I know a little something about teaching kids to read and spell
Hi, I’m Anne! I am a Kinder through 2nd grade reading specialist, Orton-Gillingham trained dyslexia tutor, and mom to three kids.
When my daughter struggled to read and spell, I got the run around from her former school. $3000 of private learning evaluations later, she got a dyslexia diagnosis.
Fortunately, I had some training in dyslexia before kids, so I immediately got to work. And here’s what I know about reading and spelling:
What works for dyslexic kids, helps all learners. Cognitive science proved this about 40 years ago.
SMART PARENTS ASK THESE QUESTIONS
Q1: Why doesn’t my child’s teacher do this?
Sadly, the neuroscience behind learning to read hasn’t made its way into most teacher preparation programs. It’s not the teacher’s fault.
There are lots of teachers trying to learn about reading science and change things in their schools.
Q2: Why is this so discounted?
Individualized tutoring is so expensive ($75-$125/hr in my area).
I want this strategy to be affordable for families.
Q3: How much time is this going to take?
You will need to invest a couple hours to do the on-demand trainings. You’ll also need time to prep the materials – probably 20-30.
Then you need to set aside 5-10 minutes a day. The amount of months to catch your child up depends on how far behind they are in reading and spelling.
The truth is it takes only a little time to get started, but once you do, you’ll save so much time. Your child will soon be begging to go to the library like my daughter and reading time will no longer be exhausting.
Q4: Will this really work for my kid?
This will work for 95% of children who can learn to read. The truth is reading will be a struggle for some children with intellectual or cognitive disabilities.
I use this same method with both my kinder – 2nd reading students and my 1st-5th grade tutoring students. They are all improving with this sounds to spelling strategy.
I work with (and am a mom to) children with disabilities like autism, ADHD, anxiety, dyslexia, and dysgraphia. If it’s working for them – it will work for your kid.
As long as you put in the time and reach out to me for support!
Q5: Will this cost a ton of money to print?
This has a limited amount of printables compared to most of what I offer. Plus you can just print what you need as you go.
You should really look into HP Instant Ink. For $5 a month, you can print 100 full-color pages. There are other plans available.
Q6: What’s your refund policy?
Due to the digital nature of this product, I’m unable to offer refunds. I’m also not offering refunds on this because it gives you an “out.”
I will address your concerns and support you! Send me a DM on Instagram and let me know what’s going on. Helping children and their parents and teachers is my jam.
For way less than swim lessons or the soccer team, YOU’LL GET THE FOUNDATION KNOWLEDGE YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR CHILD READ.
I’ve heard from you…
Having a child who loves to read independently means:
- time you can use to read your own books
- fewer sleepless nights filled with worry
- time to actually enjoy your coffee while they read
- less fighting with your child
So, grab this now because just like your hot coffee, this offer disappears soon.
Your child can learn to be a strong reader. You can get them there.
You just need to believe in them. And believe in yourself.
sounds school is the tool to get you there
- Sound School Training ($67 value)
- SIMPLE Sounds & Spellings eBook ($27 value)
- 120+ pages of sounds and reading worksheets ($37 value)
- BONUS: Word Mapping Activity ($10 value)
- BONUS: Word Mapping Training ($49 value)
- BONUS: 3 months in Private Instagram ($45 value)
- BONUS: Phonics Read and Spell & B/D Reversals Games ($25 value)